South Cotabato Integrated Port Services Inc. (SCIPSI) is the sole cargo handling operator in one of Mindanao’s most modern seaports and a pillar in the region’s accelerated economic growth.
SCIPSI is the integration of the seven (7) former cargo-handling contractors at the Port of General Santos City namely:
- Dadiangas Arrastre Services, Inc.
- Delas Marias Brokerage, Inc.
- General Santos Terminal Co.
- Matutum Arrastre and Stevedoring Corp.
- Mindanao terminal Brokerage, Inc.
- Southern Mindanao Services Co.
- Velayo Brokerage, Inc.
This integration was brought about by virtue of a Customs Memorandum Order requiring all cargo handling operators to merge into one entity, thereby pooling all financial, manpower and technical resources and as a condition for granting of loans for the development of ports nationwide.
SCIPSI started its operations on September 1, 1975. It entered into a Memorandum of Agreement with the Bureau of Customs to exclusively provide cargo-handling services at Makar Wharf. In 1977, by virtue of P.D. 857, the Philippine Ports Authority took over from the Bureau of Customs the supervision of all ports.
In August 1999, International Container Terminal Services, Inc. (ICTSI) and Asian Terminals Inc. (ATI) acquired majority control of the company with a combined 71.4% of the shares of SCIPSI. Both are operating the Philippines’ most modern port facilities in the Manila International Container Terminal (MICT) and the Southern Harbor, respectively.
The Makar Wharf is a general-purpose terminal, handling domestic and international containerized, general and ro-ro cargo, as well as domestic passenger traffic.
- Special Services:
- Lift-on lift off
- Equipment Rental
- Shifting via Yard/On-board
- Weighing Services
- Shifting – CY
Infrastructure and Support Facilities
- Berth length is 851 meters
-Western wharf: 288 meters
-Eastern wharf: 300 meters
-New wharf extension: 111 meters
- Number of Berthing positions: 9
- Controlling Depth is between 8 to 12 meters
- Reefer Racks
-30 units 220 volts
-174 units 440 volts
- Container Yard, 29,000 sqm
- 2 units weighbridge, 80 tons capacity each
- About 15-hectare facility
- Truck Holding Area: 0.2 hectares
- Reach Stackers – 5 units
- Prime movers – 23 units
- Chassis – 25 units
- Spreader 40ft – 7 units
- Spreader 20ft – 8 units
- Forklift 32tons – 1 unit
- Forklift 25tons – 2 units
- Forklift 15tons – 2 units
- Forklift 7tons – 1 unit
- Forklift 2 to 2.5tons – 4 units
- Forklift 3 to 3.5tons – 5 units
- Forklift 3tons – 1 unit
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System certified
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System certified
- ISO 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Investors in People certified